Canada at Midnight/Canada à Minuit Masquerade Game
Name: Mike Dante
Born: May 25, 1956
Acknowledged by Prince King of Toronto, ON
Noble as Toreador Primogen for Toronto, ON
Courteous by Prince King of Toronto, ON
Victorious in the Magadon Symbel in Toronto, ON
Loyal by Harpy Kelley O’Hara of Toronto, ON
Title or Position:
Named Toreador Primogen on October 31st, 2014.
Dante is a portrait of dichotomy; charming and diplomatic but prone to being overly familiar in awkward moments, much like a used car salesman building rapport with a prospective customer. Publicly, at least, he is a measured and controlled voice within Toronto’s court, giving the slowly growing Toreador clan a respectable face for the rest of Toronto to interact with, even if they’re likely to find themselves in possession of far too many business cards after talking with him
Dante is much older than he claims and is at least Ancilla if not an Elder.
Dante doesn’t talk about his Sire, stating “they don’t get along” and trying to change the subject. This is because his Sire’s Sabbat.
The only reason the Flames won the Stanley Cup is because Dante ghouled Lanny McDonald (how else does one get a mustache that impressive?)
Dante is actually a Follower of Set and is laying the groundwork for a Setite takeover of Toronto.
On The Camarilla: “It’s a bit stuffy, sure. I’m the last person who likes having to wait for permission to talk to someone important, believe me. Nevertheless the Camarilla’s kept us organized, powerful and secret for over 500 years, and that kind of track record earns some kowtowing.”
On The Sabbat: “Bunch of psychopaths and traitors, the lot of them. Being a bloodthirsty monster is so ‘Near Dark’, you know? Seems like fun at the time, but you’re not going to win an Oscar until you get your head out of your ass and start acting like an adult.”
On Anarchs: “I understand the desire to rebel, I really do. Sadly the Anarchs seem to think that rebelling is all that matters and can’t be bothered to build anything better. Let them ‘fight the power’ all they want, unless something drastically changes they’re just white noise.”
On Modern Media: “Twilight is the greatest thing that’s happened to the Kindred since Brad Pitt whined incessantly at Christian Slater. Think about it. Throw on some glitter and stare intensely at some girl who’s barely old enough to drink, it’s fast food.”
When speaking of himself:
“I’ve got an eye for talent and my finger on the city’s pulse…or lack thereof.”
“I’m only important in terms of what I can do for you.”
“Yeah, I’m not keen on talking about myself; tell me more about you!”
- Traveled throughout Western Canada and the northern States after his embrace, eventually settling down in Vancouver, BC during the 90’s.
- In 1992, he and Tabetha Loth developed a rivalry that nearly came to blows over one of Dante’s clients. After a private conversation the feud seemed to be dropped and the two proceeded on cordial, if tense, terms.
- In 2007 Dante left Vancouver, stating the SAG writer’s strike had killed the town and it wasn’t going to recover. He resumed his wandering ways, remaining within the prairies and popping up in major cities occasionally.
- Was present in Manitoba in 2010-2011 during the negotiations for the return of the Winnipeg Jets. Whether this was coincidence or he was instrumental in returning NHL hockey to Winnipeg has yet to be established.
- In October, 2014 he arrived in Toronto, ON and quickly settled in. As the only Toreador in the city he was placed on the Primogen Council.
- In December 2014 he was part of a group of Kindred that investigated a possible Sabbat pack that appeared to be infiltrating Toronto’s borders.
- In January 2014 he spoke for two Neonates during their acknowledgments; Rose, a Toreador and Sugar, a Gangrel. Later that month he travelled to Hamilton with a contingent of the Toronto court to support a bloodhunt called by Prince King on the former Prince of Hamilton, Robert Talbot. Although uninvolved with the Bloodhunt Dante was active in Hamilton’s assault on Niagara Falls that same evening.
- In February 2015 Dante hosted a party at the Art Gallery of Ontario in honour of Clan Tremere and their successful Bloodhunt of the tratior Robert Talbot. For his social grace and skill he was declared Courteous by Prince King.
- In March 2015 En route to the monthly gathering of Toronto’s Kindred, Dante, Sugar, Rosa and Fraser, the newly instated Gangrel Primogen were attacked by a group of Hunters. Dante was seriously injured but was able to escape before becoming incapacitated. He was later seen at the gathering having what appeared to be an animated and angry argument with empty space. During a Symbel called by Prince King and the Harpy of Hamilton Dante was declared the winner and declared Victorious. As well that evening Kelley O’Hara the Toronto Harpy declared Dante Loyal.
Tabetha Loth – Although they would never be considered Allies, Dante and Loth have at least found a “live and let live” arrangement and seem to have occasional correspondence.
Nigel York – Apparently Dante and York had a conflict back in the early 90’s over a TV show in Vancouver. Although they seem to be cordial, it’s a cordiality that involves smiles that never reach the eyes.
Grace Mendez – Dante owes Mendez a boon for a service in the past; a strange situation as it appears the two have never met in person.
Rose – A Toreador Neonate that recently arrived in Toronto. Dante spoke for her during her Acknowledgment.
Sugar – A Gangrel Neonate recently arrived in Toronto. Dante spoke for her during her Acknowledgment.